So, here is my favorite gluten free low carb protein pancakes recipe. Many of the low carb, gluten free recipes have only eggs and almond flour, and the amount of protein in these recipes just don’t match bodybuilding or muscle growth needs.
So i tried many different recipes and combined best qualities of some, and added own ingredients to make them more bodybuilding friendly. These really taste amazing! You really cant say the same about some recipes, and i tried well over a dozen different ones.
The ingredients listed below are for two persons, so if you want to do just for yourself, split the all amounts. I have eaten many times this two person size pancake patch myself, but its almost a thousand calories, so you don’t want to do it every morning, or maybe you do when you have tasted these!
So here is the recipe for two persons:
You can make these in about 10 minutes, so these are really quick to make!
And here are they fully listed:
- 80 grams of almond flour. Try to get low carb as possible it should be around 5-10 grams of carbs in 100 grams, And if you can get organic.
- Two eggs. Get this also organic if possible, because of high fat content.
- One teaspoon of coconut fat / oil, its about 15 grams. Highly recommend to get organic one.
- 35 grams of protein powder of your choice. I used vanilla flavor and its the best one what i have tried.
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Only if you use unflavored whey, add some stevia or other sweetener too.
- Two to three tablespoons of carbonated water. You can use just regular water too, but carbonation makes dough lighter.
- Salt according to taste. I used about 1 teaspoon.
And you need some butter or little more coconut oil for cooking.
First you need to get your coconut oil to liquid form, you can heat it in microwave or in a pan quickly. Then when to coconut oil is in running form put it in a bowl, big enough that you can fit all ingredients to it. Add eggs to oil and whisk.
Then you add in the salt and vanilla extract if needed. And then all dry ingredients, first the almond flour, stir till the mixture is smooth. Then add the protein powder, and water as much as needed. Texture should be really thick, like you can see from the picture, because otherwise the pancake does not hold its form and its impossible to turn in a pan.
Put a half teaspoon of butter or coconut oil in a pan, and let it melt. When it is melted turn the heat, as low as possible and make 4×4 inch or 10×10 cm round disc to middle of your pan. Let it fry for 2 minutes and then carefully turn, its quite hard to get it in one piece in first time. I messed up many!
Nutritional values for two persons recipe, just cut these in half if you did serving for one.
989 calories. 79 grams of fat. 7 grams of carbs and 66 grams of protein.